Monday, July 20, 2009

30's on my Design wall

This is the 30's project that my Quilting Buddy and I are presently working on. We have swapped all of our 30's reproduction fabrics and made the most of the starter blocks. I am behind her in that process. The blocks are made with Pat Speth's method from her "5 inch is a cinch" again. I won't be sewing this together until I get all my squares ready to do the final placement. It would be nice to only use each fabric once but that isn't the most important thing to me now. Looking at the picture I see many squares and Half square triangles that will need to be moved around so they don't Yell at me. I am liking the secondary pattern that this setting is making. I have wanted to make a 30's quilt all year as a reward for all the Christmas quilts I did last year. Then I got the bright idea to make Birthday quilts for all the grandchildren. I'm almost caught up with that and needed a "new" project to work on while I was at my quilt days. Having the "Quilt in a Day" half square triangle square up ruler has made this go really fast. If you don't have one you are working too hard. I can square up my Half Square Triangles in half the time it used to take to turn each block and trim. I still have lots of UFO's to have quilting done at home and handwork on the bindings. The deadline for entries for our local County Fair is coming up. I have several quilts ready to put in the fair. This one will be an on-going project with NO deadline.

2 comments:

  1. Famous Last words, No Deadline. Quilt buddy already has a dozen or so blocks sewn together. There are only 48 needed. Can I resist the Challenge? Probably NOT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I also collect Repos and would be glad to exchange some 5" squares with you Email me and let
    me know.

    BABS

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving your comments here!
I Love reading your comments.

Note: I don't share any of your Private information!

Blog Archive

Blog of the week!

Blog of the week!
Second time winner

Blogger's Quilt Festival

AmysCreativeSide.com