At last count I had 17 that just needed QUILTING. I could be busy with just doing quilting. Sounds more and more like WORK to me... I think I need a TROPICAL Vacation. But I'd settle for some Arizona SUN!
A Place for my Quilts, Family and Friends
Tuesday, March 1, 2011
UFO's adding up!
I am guilty of not finishing either of my #10 UFO's. I'm so glad February is OVER!
Back into the Totes go my UFO #10! My #10A got finished and sent home. I guess it can marinate a while until I can get it quilted.
My UFO #1 is--my 30's Star and Crown that I made with Nickel Quilts Pat Speth's method. This was SEW fun to make and Lynn shared her 30's reproduction prints with me. Of course we collected a few along the way and since for other projects in our minds. It needs just a outer border and Quilting. I can finish it if I just cut those borders. Nothing fancy, I want it to look more old fashioned, so a simple meander is in order.
That will add another quilt to my list of recent quilts to show at the Spring Quilt shows. SPRING IS COMING, right? The weather outside is still 'frightful' in Washington State. I'm so glad I made the choice to stay home this week. I'm sad that I don't get to show Jennifer my Mariner's Compass Round Robin. I ordered her new Book and it should be in my Mailbox next week. I had planned to go and rub shoulders with Eleanor Burns, Kaye Wood and other Quilty friends at EXPO. The closing of the Pass and my little visit to the Hospital changed all of that.
UFO 1A is my Christmas Lonestar that needs the setting triangles and corners, then borders put on. It's been at this stage since I took the class at the Airport with Eddy Walker from Guild. I've even selected the fabric for the triangles and corners and found the instructions again. The object is to finish them all the way, so here's hoping I can at least do one of the two #1's this month. I'm not surrendering!
At last count I had 17 that just needed QUILTING. I could be busy with just doing quilting. Sounds more and more like WORK to me... I think I need a TROPICAL Vacation. But I'd settle for some Arizona SUN!
At last count I had 17 that just needed QUILTING. I could be busy with just doing quilting. Sounds more and more like WORK to me... I think I need a TROPICAL Vacation. But I'd settle for some Arizona SUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Blog Archive
-
▼
2011
(283)
-
▼
March
(24)
- UFO #1 progress
- Idaho Baby- Derek
- Design Wall Monday - March 28. 2011
- Stash Report March 27, 2011
- Still here...
- 2 Quilts for Road Trip
- Design Wall Monday - March 21, 2011
- Stash Report- March 20, 2011
- Tri-City Quilt Show
- Quilts - A CHALLENGE!???
- 2011 St. Patrick's Day
- Alliance Quilt Contest links
- Trip to Trends
- Design Wall Monday- March 14, 2011
- 2nd Block for Lotto
- Stash Report March 13, 2011- LATE
- I got it!!!
- Design Wall Monday - March 7, 2011
- Precious Baby Girl
- Stash Report March 6, 2011
- Slight Glitch in the Work
- Alliance Quilt
- March Block Lotto
- UFO's adding up!
-
▼
March
(24)
Blog of the week!
Second time winner
I really like that first quilt. Pretty! Have fun quilting. You can do one a day, right? =)
ReplyDeleteI really like the first quilt too, that's exactly what I was going to say! Sounds busy... How about a not-so-tropical vacation in Idaho en route to Arizona? ;) I'm sure we're colder here... hopefully not forever though.
ReplyDeleteBoth projects are beautiful and you will love them when they are finished! Hope it becomes more fun and less like work!
ReplyDeleteSorry about your hospital visit and not going to EXPO. I've never been, but I'm off to a quilt retreat this weekend. I do know what you mean about tops needing quilting. I have over 20!
ReplyDeleteI love your Star and Crown. It looks fabulous is 30s. Why is your Lone Star called Christmas? I don't think my monitor colors are that off. LOL
ReplyDelete